Monday, August 01, 2005

I'm going to Gyeryong

So it's final. I got my placement and I will be going to a coed middle school in Gyeryong, a small town about 40 minutes outside of Daejon. Now I'll admit I wasn't too happy about the placement at first, because I wanted a big city and watched as 10 other ETA's were placed in the cities I requested. The commute to language classes in Daejon will be rough because I hate commuting, and I might not be able to find many people to play basketball with, but life will go on.

I have talked to someone who taught at the middle school last year and she had a great time. So at least the school will be a positive part of my experience. I'll still be a little nervous about just how small the town is until I get there, but I'll make the most of the situation. I will be traveling a lot, so the other ETA's should get ready for visitors.

I also don't really how know to pronounce my town's name yet.

No comments: