Sunday, July 31, 2005

American football, pizza, and dancing

Yesterday was sports day with the Fulbright camp. Although we didn't actually do many sports, the kids had fun doing team building activities and relay races and other fun games. I taught some kids how to throw a football (a little vortex one) and even did some relay races with my team because one of the students was on crutches.

I could even remember a few of the kids' names. I have trouble remembering the Korean names, and I feel bad asking kids over and over what their names are, because I get a lot of "Hello Ben"'s throughout the day. I think the hardest thing to do when I get to my school will be to remember names.

Friday night I had pizza and beer. I really do miss Italian food. Sometimes we'll start talking about what we like while we're eating in the cafeteria, but then stop quickly because it's not a good idea when we're staring at Korean cafeteria food. So I'll stop thinking about it right now. But I am excited to have good Korean food once I get to my homestay.

And last week we had our first little dance party out at a karaoke bar. It was fun, but it was no W&M dance party. For one of the camp's night events, we might have a dance for the kids. I don't know if it'll happen, but I think I'm ready to show some dance moves to the Korean middle school students.

No comments: