Wednesday, July 27, 2005

New Focus

We found a great place for going out on the weekends. I called the New Focus, and is a really chill bar and karaoke place. On a rooftop. We can sit inside or outside, and we pretty much have the place to ourselves. It's my new hotspot.

After a rough second hour of Korean language class today, my roommate Conor said probably the best thing he could have during our break. He didn't realize before he went to the bathroom during the break, but he forgot to put on underwear this morning.

Monday I turned in my school placement preference form. We were told not to pick a certain city and to get our hopes up, but I ended up doing that anyway while I looked through the guide books for Korea. I would really like to go to Daejon, a city in the center of South Korea. I think we find out where we will be placed next tuesday...

I'm also trying to study Korean more. Even though we've only been learning it for two and a half weeks, I'm beginning to think it would be a good idea to be able to form coherent sentences when my Principal and Vice Principal pick me up in Seoul to take me to the homestay. Otherwise, it could be a slightly awkward train or bus ride.

No comments: