Monday, July 11, 2005

So what's a flight to South Korea like?

It's pretty long. I flew from Boston to LA in six hours, and then from LA to Seoul in what was about 14 hours. After the getting off the Boston flight I met some of the other ETAs (english teaching assistant) and they are quality people. We are going to have some good times during the orientation. While we were waiting in LA to get on our plane, we did some jumping jacks and stretching to get the blood flowing since we would be sitting for a long time. One nice thing about flying internationally and not being able to understand what the gate agents are saying is that you can board the plane whenever you want.

After I got settled in the middle seat, I met the people who would be traveling with me - some nice Korean people who didn't like to get up to let me out when I needed to go to the bathroom, so I became good at climbing over the seats. The in flight movies were really bad, so I didn't watch them - instead I read Bill Bryson's 'A walk in the woods.' I thought of you Freiberger - out there on the trail battling bears and boredom. The plane food was delicious and would be my last american style meal for a long time. The flight attendants were very attractive, a plus for the flight. I later found out that South Korea doesn't have as many anti discrimination laws as the states, so when they lose their looks, they lose their job... remind me never to become a flight attendant on a Korean airline.

No comments: