Thursday, December 08, 2005

What do you anticipate?

Have I mentioned that (most people in) South Korea is(are) a little(extremely) image conscious?

I was doing a fun lesson that involved playing the song "You can't hurry love" (a hit with most classes) and having the kids put mixed up lyrics in the right order. I taught the word 'anticipate' because it's in the song, and had the kids make up sentences. Many answers were along the lines of 'I am anticipating Christmas (or winter vacation).' But here different kinds of answers:

1. I am anticipating losing weight. (She really doesn't need to.)
2. Moo Hyun is anticipating plastic surgery. (Don't know who Moo Hyun is, but you're in middle school, kids)

1 comment:

Jody and Ruth Been said...

Good stuff, Ben! haha. These kids are hilarious, aren't they?

Take care :)
Ruth