Friday, December 16, 2005

Checking Out Early

Off to Gwangju tonight for a little English speaking get together with some other ETAs. I had been planning to spend the weekend with my host family, but the kids have school tomorrow, and last night I learned that it's my host parents' anniversary this weekend, so they're not going to be here anyway. Good to know. And I'm babysitting tomorrow night! (I think)

But I'm going back to America next Thursday! That means:
1. Only 3 more days of teaching!
2. I'll see family and friends AND be able to communicate really well with them!
3. I can leave my shoes on in the house.
4. My real mom won't remake my bed everyday.
5. Fixed showerhead!
6. Applesauce and Mexican food
7. Basketball!

This week teaching has been nice - I tell the kids about Christmas cards, give them a piece of paper, and then all I have to do is walk around. I make sure they're not writing in Korean, not making fun of the girls who should be in a special education center on their card, and not giving Santa private parts. And I play Christmas music. I've never listened to this much Christmas music before in my life. And I love it.

It's been fun Korea... and it'll be even better next semester.

No comments: