Thursday, December 29, 2005

Back America

I'm home for two weeks. Flying home was interesting, and not just because I traveled with Liz, another ETA. Our flight from Seoul to Tokyo was only supposed to be 2 hours. It turned out to be 6 hours, because wind shears prevented us from landing at our airport in Tokyo. As we were descending, we hit a big bump of turbulence, and those of us in the back of the plane flew out of our seats a little. The plane sped up, ascended, and the pilot decided to go to another airport, refuel, and then return. So we landed safely, but missed our connection to America and had to spend a night in a Tokyo airport hotel. The traveling was extended by a day and so my sleep schedule is pretty messed up. Almost as bad as when I had to get up for ROTC in college.

So... America... it hasn't changed too much. Being abroad in South Korea has also let me stay in touch really easily. The high speed internet, IM, Skype, and email means the only thing between me and friends and family is the time difference.

Notes on America:
New England isn't that cold right now.
I think I might have broken my pinky finger last night playing basketball (typing sucks right now).
I really did miss cheese, chips and salsa, and cranberry juice.
I saw Syriana today, and while it's good to think about some of the themes brought up in the movie, I didn't think it was a good movie.
The Pistons really are that good.

I wish I was better at putting into words the differences between Korea and America. That can be one of my goals for next semester. In addition to getting serious about learning Korean. Oh who are we kidding I'm just there to teach English.

I go to DC/Northern Virginia tomorrow to visit the college friends. I'm excited! Happy New Year!

No comments: