Thursday, December 08, 2005

Not crazy, just from New England

Like many schools in South Korea, my school doesn't have central heating. Not a problem for me, because the teacher's offices, classrooms, and cafeteria are all heated. I can deal with a cool walk whenever I have to go anywhere.

I think the teachers are worried though, because some have asked me if I'm cold. They point to my button down shirts (the same shirts I was wearing when it was very hot) and make hand signals to indicate how thin they are and how thick their jacket is. I tell them, yes, I do own a jacket, but I'm just not cold right now. I appreciate the concern, but the teacher's office is really hot, and if I kept my jacket on in there I might pass out. We could have a tropical Jeju island party in here. I'm surprised some of the Soju loving male teachers haven't thought of this before.

2 comments:

Mike said...

C'mon Ben, be honest with yourself. You're white, so you must: 1) hate spicy food, 2) not be able to use chopsticks, and 3) not be able to live through winter. On another note, I remembered after sending you that e-mail that you're going home for Christmas, right?

Bennett Baldwin said...

Yes, I am going home to America on Dec 22, so we could meet up Dec 21 if you want. I'll be back in the ROK on Jan 7.

I'll be in DC for new years (Dec 30 - Jan 2 probably) if you want to get together.