Tuesday, June 27, 2006

School Assemblies

This morning as I approached school, there were clusters of students gathering on the dirt field in front of the building. That can mean only one thing. It was school assembly time. I didn't attend this particular assembly. My co teacher told me its main purpose was to inform students that they can't use cell phones at school at all between 8am and 4pm. Which I tend to agree with. But I had bigger things to think about.

Yesterday the English department head asked me what I thought about giving a speech to students and teachers on my last day. I said it sounds fantastic. So I will be giving a going away speech to the school on my last day. I'll get my chance to finally ascend to the podium. I'll be able to deliver my wisdom to the middle school crowd. I will give two short speeches, the first in English and the second in Korean. It'll be sad for me and the students, but it's going to be a good way to say goodbye.

No comments: