Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Top Ten Reasons School is Better this Semester

10. The students aren't stressed out by midterms yet.
9. Two great, energetic new Korean English teachers outweighs one unenergetic new teacher.

8. The new English department head wants me to make the weekly teacher classes more intense so the teachers actually improve their English.
7. Weather: It's getting warmer instead of colder.

6. Less corporal punishment anguish: My desk got moved to the main teacher's office, and I don't have to hear students getting hit and students' crying two feet behind my desk on a daily basis.
5. New coteacher who doesn't hit her students.

4. Lunch: The teachers' food is self serve at lunch now. No more cutting students only to be served tons of food I will inevitably waste. And to the horror of a few teachers I'm not eating nearly as much rice at lunch, and instead, making peanut butter sandwiches at my desk after I get back from lunch.
3. I get to teach a basketball club class once a week. I'm pretty sure my middle school students would beat the high school students in town.

2. Soju Cred: I didn't hold back when the teachers had their beginning of the semester dinner and I now have "Soju cred" (like street cred) with the male teachers.
1. I still have every other Friday off!

No comments: