Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Seoul with Beth and Mike

Sat afternoon I met up with Beth and Mike in Seoul and we set out to paint the town red. First we went to the COEX mall, which we discovered has a better English book selection than Kyobo, so ETA's, make a mental note. The mall also has an apple store which is always fun.

Next we ventured out to the tallest building in Korea - "Building 63." It has 63 floors, although 3 of them are underground. From the top, you can get a nice view of the city in exchange for buying a $7 beer.

On Sunday I saw the weirdest (worst?) movie of my life. It was called Drawing Restrain 9 and it was a "modern art" movie. Apply what you know/think about the kind of modern art that looks like a 3 year old could make it and then draw it out over a weird plot for 2 and a half hours. Let's just say my only thoughts after the end were not only did about 100 people just sit through that, but we paid for it! Hilariously ironic.

As Beth and I were enjoying a dunkin donuts dessert on sunday and about ready to leave, we saw Dr. Larson (2nd in charge of Fulbright program, and is an absolute character) and his wife stroll by outside! We finished up quickly and ran outside to catch them but they had disappeared.

I've seen several people wearing a shirt that says "absence makes the heart grow fonder." I want one.



1 comment:

Mike said...

Haha Ben, I knew that movie was going to suck.
-Mike