Friday, November 18, 2005

School English Examples

When I taught the conditional (didn't use the word though) I had the kids make example sentences using if. I gave them most of the if statement's and they had to write the then statement. Here are some good ones:

"If Korea celebrated Halloween then I would be _______"
Answers: scream; [friend's name]; power ranger; gollum; and my favorite answer, from one of my basketball boys: small monster because scary.
I now know him as "small monster."

"If Korea won the world cup then I would_____"
Answers: much pride; SCREAM!!; not watch because not like soccer

"If I was older then I would ____"
Answers (You can guess which ones the girls wrote and which ones the boys wrote!): travel with husband; marry a husband; cooking well; buy cigarettes; go to love motel; be better at basketball.

No comments: