Friday, April 20, 2007

Korean food I've cooked

I live on base and have my own kitchen. This the first time I have regularly been cooking on my own. Last year I had my host mother to cook (and I wasn't really allowed in the kitchen area) and before that at college, there was the caf. I'm good at cooking, and I like to make time for it. Here are some Korean dishes I've made so far:

Samgyeopsal: grilled pork with leaves. That was a pound package I cooked...

and there isn't any left after I ate.

Dwang jang jigae - peanut stew.

Other than the gallon size sink, my kitchen isn't too bad.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i wrote you a letter, but i'm slow to the post office... i cooked korean food tonight, too! actually... i fried tofu in sesame oil, heated up microwavable rice, open a jar of kimchi and a packet of kim, and life was gooooood. once a week i briefly consider going back. enjoy it enough for me, too!

Tom Teacher said...

look at you mr bennett.. cooking like a pro korean.. haha.. very nice.. =) when u coming back down to seoul?? as long as its not next wkend.. im good.. let me know.. and good job cooking.. i have to say.. your kitchen is WAY better than mine.. i envy u.. haha